Nominations for the 2024 Holberg Prize May now be Submitted
The Holberg Prize is an international research prize in the humanities, social sciences, law and theology. The nomination form for the 2024 Holberg Prize is now open and the deadline is 15 June 2023.
Each year, the Holberg Prize is awarded to a scholar who has made outstanding contributions to research in the humanities, social sciences, law or theology, either in one of these disciplines or through cross-disciplinary work. The recipient must have had a decisive influence on international research.
The Holberg Laureate will be announced in March 2024, and the award ceremony will take place during the Holberg Week in Bergen at the beginning of June.
Scholars holding positions at universities, academies and other research institutions, are entitled to nominate candidates for the Holberg Prize. Please note that all text and attachments must be written in English. In the nomination, form we ask that you provide the following:
- A statement of 1000-3000 characters (incl. spaces), explaining why the candidate should receive the Holberg Prize.
- The candidate’s CV and publication list.
- Names of three possible referees who know the candidate´s work and who can provide additional information if needed.
Please also note the following restrictions:
- Groups or organisations may not be nominated.
- Self-nominations and post-humous nominations are not accepted.
- Joint nominations do not strengthen a candidacy.
- Nominations are strictly confidential and should not be disclosed to the nominee or to others at any time.
The deadline for nominations for the 2024 Holberg Prize is 15 June 2023. The nomination form is submitted digitally and the form can be found here: Nomination form for the 2024 Holberg Prize.